Sunday, January 2, 2022

Hirosaki Hachimangu Shrine / 弘前八幡宮

The last couple of years, my wife and I haven't made the first visit to a shrine or temple during the New Year's holidays. We didn't to any shrines or temples this either so I thought I would share with you the time we went to Hirosaki Hachimangu Shrine. It was New Year's Day in 2018. 

享年と一昨年、僕と妻は初詣に行ってませんでした。今年もどっかの神社やお寺も行ってない。という事で4年前の元旦、家族3人で弘前八幡具の初詣を語ります。

It looks I started off that year eating some ozoni.

その年はお雑煮を食べてから始まったみたい。

The torii at Hirosaki Hachimang Shrine. 

弘前八幡宮に到着。鳥居の前で列に並びました。

My mother-in-law who insisted on coming with us decided to stay in the car because it was too cold outside. 

義理の母も一緒に来てたのに、外が寒すぎるから車の中で待機してた。











The sign says "No Playing Pokemon Go". 


Hand purifying basin / 手水舎


The main shrine seems a long ways off. 

本殿が遠く見える。



Takaya Kaiun Inari Shrine / 高山開運稲荷神社




Honden / 本殿






2018 was the Year of the Dog. 

2018年は犬の年でしたね。




A mikoshi or portable shrine / 神輿




Tenmangu Shrine - a deity to higher learning. 

末社 天満宮(学問の神様)。







Meditai mikuji - A little Japanese word-play with the paper fortune. The fish is a sea bream, known as tai in Japanese. Medetai means 'congratulatory'. 

目出鯛みくじやってみた。

It seems I didn't take a picture of the fortune so I don't how well my luck was this year. 

開いたおみくじの写真撮ってないから、今年はどういう運だったのか覚えてません。

I also indulged in a little Japanese sake or Nihon-shu called Kamekichi. A sake brand made in Kuroishi in Aomori Prefecture. 

この日に日本酒も飲みました。青森県産黒石の亀吉。


I also got my shrine seal from Hirosaki Hachimangu Shrine. 

弘前八幡宮の御朱印もゲット。

The only thing left to do was to drive back home from Hirosaki. 

残る事は一つ。弘前からうちへ帰るだけ。

No comments:

Post a Comment