Monday, August 16, 2021

Akita City in the Morning / 秋田市の朝

Going back four years now, I was coming back from a business trip to Akita. I won't bore you with my work but since my train back to Aomori City wasn't scheduled to leave until the afternoon, I woke up a little early and decided to explore a large park located near the train station. 

2017年に戻りますが、秋田市に出張に行った時です。退屈な仕事話をおいときますね。秋田市で一泊して、青森市に戻る電車は午後出発だったので、ちょっと早起きして、秋田駅の近くにある大きな公園を探索してみた。

This was the view from my hotel room in the morning. 

ホテルの部屋から見た朝の景色。

This seems to be a monument commemoration the completion of construction of Akita Station. 

秋田駅前の完工記念の碑。

A monument from the Akita Lion's Club commemorating something called [Charter Night]. 

秋田ライオンズクラブが立ち上げた「チャーターナイト記念」の碑。

A sign welcoming me to Akita.

秋田市へようこうそだね。

Senshu Park (Pocket Park)



It appears I was headed to Senshu Park. In the park, you can find the ruins of Kubota Castle.

その大きな公園は千秋公園(せんしゅんこうえん)でした。園内に久保田城跡がある。


This is the Omonogashira Obanjo (Office of the Guard). The English print in the picture below may be too small to read so I have reproduced it here: 

御物頭御番所。日本語の説明は致しません。

Omonogashira was in charge of the guard duties. These included opening and closing of the second gate of the castle, guarding the town, and checking the visitors at Gobansho (Office of the Guard). 

Gobansho is presumed to be built in the late eighteenth century, and restored in 1988. It was designated as the cultural heritage by Akita city in 1990. It is the only building remaining in the Kubota Castle.



The gate that leads to Kubota Castle Ruins. 

久保田城跡への門。

A little history of the Kubota Castle. The sign is talking about the foundation stones for the main gate of the castle. 

サインは久保田城表門礎石についての説明。

There are also three shrines within the park. 

園内に三つの神社もあります。


First, I went to the Hachiman Akita Shrine. 

最初にお参りしたのは八幡秋田神社。


Honden / 本殿

Votive boards / 絵馬


Inside the main shrine. 

本殿の中。


This building is also part of the Hachiman Akita Shrine. 

この建物も八幡秋田神社の境内にある。

Hachiman Akita Shrine Seal / 八幡秋田神社の御朱印


This pathway is the entrance to the Yojiro Inari Shrine. 

ここは與次郎稲荷神社(よじろういなりじんじゃ)への参道。



The entrance to the Yojiro Inari Shrine.

與次郎稲荷神社の入り口。

Honden / 本殿



I'm not sure how to read the name of this shrine which is also located on the grounds of the Hachiman Akita Shrine. 

八幡秋田神社の境内にある與次郎稲荷神社。



I guess I will go check out the bronze statue of Yoshitaka Sateke.

これから佐竹義堯公銅像を見に行ってくる。


Yoshitaka Satake was the 12th and final daimyo of Kubota Domain in Dewa Province (current day Akita Prefecture) during the late Edo period. 

佐竹義堯は、江戸時代後期の大名久保田藩12代にして最後の藩主。

Kogetsu Pond / 湖月池

View from the topmost spot of Senshu Park. 

千秋公園の一番高い場所の眺め。

I had to go to Akita Station to catch my train but was wandering around while waiting. This was a sign giving information about the origins of the station name. 

秋田駅に戻り、電車を待ってるあいだ、駅内を探索してみた。このサインが駅名の由来を書かれてる。

Part of a D51 Locomotive on a display. 

D51型の部品が展示されてる。


Looks a little small for a passenger car. 

乗客用の電車なら小さすぎるんじゃない。


Hey, I'm a guy! I love trains!

男ですからやはり乗り物は好き!

Photo spot in Akita Station.

秋田駅記念撮影スポット。






Akita Shinkansen [Komachi] / 秋田新幹線「こまち」



It was a long train ride with the last stop being Hirosaki. I decided to wander around the station before heading back to Aomori. 

結構電車の長旅。終電の弘前駅にちょっと休憩。



A miniature Tachi Neputa float. 

ミニ立ねぷた。



A mini Buna Train / ミニ橅(ぶな)号





Resort Shirakami / リゾートしらかみ

And back to work it was!

そして仕事に戻った。

No comments:

Post a Comment